Sunday, January 23, 2011

Walking by the way...



It seems this week has been full of many distractions. Distractions that seem to knock me off course from our school schedule and turn everything else upside down. You now the laundry baskets that seem to never be empty, the sink full of dishes, and the piles of school work still left undone. The art of learning to look past these and just move on has not been my strong suit, and so once again another week has ended and not much seems to have been done.


As I turn to the Lord for stength I am reminded of a verse....


"And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might. And these words, which I command thee this day shall be in your heart: and thou shall teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thy liest down, and when thou riseth up."

~Deuteronomy 6:5-7
Sometimes the mountains of laundry, and dishes that never seem to clean themselves overwhelm me and take my focus off of the spiritual training I need to be doing in the hearts of my children. This is the true "To Do" list of every mother who is training little ones for the Lord. When we allow the earthly things to distract us we lose our focus, and everything else seems to go upside down.
It is time to turn my eyes back on my spritiual "to-do" list and trust God will provide me with the strength to get everything else done.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful, from-the-heart post, Dawn! What you wrote really resonates with me. I need to do the same thing--I need to start fresh with renewing my vision and focus on living for God and bringing my children with me on that journey.

    Thank you so much for the encouragement here, and especially for the encouraging comment you left on my blog! It meant so much to me.

    ♥Joy

    ReplyDelete