Sunday, January 1, 2012

"A precious gift...a gift of a Hope Chest"


This Christmas my daughter recieved a very special gift from my grandmother...
A special trunk filled with all of her sewing supplies.
As I thought about all of those memories, and thinking of all the stories I can pass on from seeeing my grandmother use these over the years... I was caught off guard when my daughter asked me if she could use this as her Hope Chest.
See my daughter has been wanting her own hope chest for a few years now and we have been on the hunt for "the perfect one". My heart jumped with joy! To use her great grandmothers sewing chest to fill with the things she will one day take to her own home thrilled me to pieces!! The next few days were filled with me and her going through all that was inside. Crocheted snowflakes...7 containers of embroidery thread-all organized and labeled....unfinished cross stiching projects....and many patterns. I also found a pair of old antique sewing scissors and her old measuring tapes. It was a trunk filled with many memories that I had stored up in my heart of the years gone by and soon will be filled with many memories from my daughter in the years ahead as she prepares to be a mother and a wife.
It was a gift of Hope. A hope that one day she will move this into her own home and share with her daughters the story of the first day she recieved this gift. It didn't take my daughter long to find some priceless things to lay inside-(will be posting pictures of those very soon)


(My daughter and my grandmother)
































1 comment: