Monday, March 5, 2012

"My Cafe Daughters"

My family and I have been honored to have two young ladies become a part of our home and our hearts this past year. These ladies attend the local university and are a part of the CAFE ministry at our church. A ministry where Titus 2 woman and families are called to "adopt" a college student, carrying their burdens in prayer, fellowshipping with them, encouraging them, and bringing them into our homes when they need a good home cooked meal.

I have been so honored to hear these ladies speak about their dreams, and hopes.



and share their family life back home.


As moms we wear many hats throughout our day....


but God has called us to wear a very special one....

the hat of a Titus 2 woman.



Titus 2:4 "That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their

husbands, to love their children. To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good,

obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed."


As these women grow and move onto a new season in their lives

I pray they will continue to radiant with beauty.
The beauty found in living their lives for the Lord,
and honoring him in all they do.




Thank you Ren and Linnea for opening up your heart

and letting my family "adopt" you into ours. You will always

have a special place in our home and heart and hope this is just the beginning of

a strong friendship lasting many years!!!

As I train my daughter towards biblical womanhood I pray that

when she enters that season of life she will be strong in the Lord,

and radiant with beauty like you.



"A Titus 2 Prayer"

(from my heart to yours)

Dear Lord,

I thank you for bringing these special woman in our lives. I ask you to please give them wisdom as they seek you for your plan for their lives. I pray that you give them peace and contentment wherever you may lead them. I pray that you will fill their hearts with joy

and give many memories that can encourage them to become stronger woman of God as they finish this year. Carry them Lord when they fall, hold them when they cry, and fill them with joy in the days ahead. Bless them Lord and keep our hearts connected in the years ahead. Thank you again for the honor to have them as a part of my family.

Amen



***A Titus 2 challenge:***

~I would encourage you blog friends to read Titus 2 and try and pray about some way you can be a blessing. Whether to a young mom, a college student, or more personally to your own daughter(s). It is a joyfull thing to be able to be used by God in this way...to pass on a legacy of sorts to the next generation.


Many Blessings,

Dawn
























No comments:

Post a Comment