Sunday, November 22, 2009

"A Simple Day"

There are many things that I find myself stressing over lately....
~am I teaching the kids enough?
~are they learning to value God and his word?
~Did I spend enough time with each one of my three children eachday?
~Have I slowed down enough to hear God?
~Am I being the parent, mother, and wife God wants me to be?

It seems to be so easy for me to list many things I need to work on or areas that I constantly worry about, and yet why do I find it soo hard to keep reminding myself of God's promises? It has been a very simple day for me...one which I dropped ALL of my "worries" at the foot of the cross, turned around, and walked away!!! (it seemed harder not to look back). I went through my day soaking up all of the little blessings my kids had to show me.

~A simple lesson in sharing and kindness was achieved by all three of my kids as they played for most of the afternoon TOGETHER with NO yes I said NO bickering. Even though I know this may not happen again for a long time I sat back and enjoyed watching them just be together.
~My three year old learned that organe juice actually comes form organes as he helped me squeeze some for dinner...he was so excited to make it-but did not like it :(
~My princess learned that mommy can hug her whenever she wants as she stop to hug me alot throughout this afternoon.
~I learned the value in a open ear and a little girls desire to tell me everything! Even though I was trying to get dishes done I prayed that when she is 16 she would want to talk to me as much as she did today!!! ( I honestly think my mom's prayers for having one just like me was answered in this area with my little girl, I still like to talk :)!)
~The shock on my son face was priceless when I put my (very much clean) hands in the pot of strawberries to "squish" them for my newest batch of Jam...he thought that was soo funny!!!

It was simple day full of many simple things...simple things that showed me how beauitful it is to be a mom!

A Simple Mom,
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment